check out all the events happening – https://massartsim.org/simbig50/
Welcome new and returning students!!!
Yixin Chen – exchange from china
Yiyun Qiu – exchange from china
SIM Semester Planning Form: https://forms.gle/5uJbZ2W9JduiH5kv8
Thursday Class Production Proposal doc:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BxLu1CvIZmLShmDPatDGmwXx081S-sc6Xqy1j6VXSto/edit?usp=sharing
Small Group Day – 11/7/19 (Elaine out of town)
– Poetry and Creative Writing related to Visual art practice (N181) Producers:
– Alien (Pozen) Producers:
– General Presentations Group (Sound Studio) Producers:Ace Epstein
Small Group Day – 11/14/19 (Elaine and Juan out of town)
– Experimental Ensembles + SIM meeting (Pozen) Producers:
– Cabaret Art + SIM meeting(N181) Producers:Luc Miglin
– Artwork Critique + SIM meeting Producers:Eddie O’Donoghue
Small Group Day – 11/21/19
– Queer Art – end at 6 (Tyrone Maurice Adderley lecture with Dr. Cornel West, 6 pm Tower) (N181) Producers:Thomas Mackie, Arlo Farr-Weinfeld, Ace Epstein
– BIG Show Prep and Work in Progress – end at 6 (Tyrone Maurice Adderley lecture with Dr. Cornel West, 6 pm Tower) Producers:Julia Ferron
– Anti – end at 6 (Tyrone Maurice Adderley lecture with Dr. Cornel West, 6 pm Tower) Producers: Roy
– A/V part 2 – end at 6 (Tyrone Maurice Adderley lecture with Dr. Cornel West, 6 pm Tower) Producers: Timothy
Big Group Day – 12/5/19
Department Exhibit (Pozen) Producers:Jilliane Mortimer
Big Group Day – 12/12/19
Big Group (departing senior ceremony 30 min) Producers:Freddy Thomas
Reminder – presentation ‘credit’ is dependent on an individualized critical discussion of your artistic practice and goals, event if/when it is part of a collaboration. Collaboration is a key component of SIM – if you want ‘credit’ for this type of work, I recommend pulling together documentation of your collaborations and present that work with particular attention to your role in the collaboration and how this interrelates with your artistic and educational path.
~ along with all the other SIM Faculty and Staff –
We are welcoming new SIM Majors this spring and saying goodbye to a few that are flying off to new adventures.
We also have many amazing guests coming and events happening this spring.
Here is a document explaining review board process. it includes a link to the google calendar that shows what slots are available during review board week starting on december 18 –